Rethinking Diversity in Legal Teams
By C. Jeffrey Leung and Roberto Portillo Togno
If the PDF viewer does not appear below, please refresh the page.
About this Article
This article, written by C. Jeffrey Leung and Roberto Portillo Togno and edited by The Axelrod Firm’s Sheryl Axelrod and Sandy Sakamoto of LimNexus, is one (1) of an exciting five (5) article series to which the American Bar Association Woman Advocate Committee (WAC) devoted its entire summer 2021 electronic newsletter. The pieces that make up special e-Newsletter were written by a diverse team of National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) lawyers. The ABA Business Law Section Diversity & Inclusion Committee jointly distributed the articles as well. The theme of the series is, “Diversity: It Makes Teams Better, featuring a diverse team of writers from the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF) member law firms.”
This article shows ensuring inclusion and diversity in transactional legal teams improves performance and profitability.
#DiverseTeams #ABAandNAMWOLF #TheAxelrodFirm
The Entire 5-Article Series
- “Diverse Companies Out-Deliver on the Bottom Line” by The Axelrod Firm’s Jamie L. Augustinsky and Kevinn Souffrant
- “It’s Been a Long Time Coming, But I Know a Change Gon’ Come” by Kenneth M. Battle and Jamie L. Augustinsky
- “Diverse and Inclusive Teams: They Simply Work Better Together” by Gerardo Alcazar
- “Diverse Trial Teams: A Competitive Advantage” by Sandy Sakamoto and The Axelrod Firm’s Sheryl L. Axelrod
- “Rethinking Diversity in Legal Teams” by C. Jeffrey Leung and Roberto Portillo Togno