Now Hiring A Commercial Litigation Attorney
We’re looking for a Commercial Litigation attorney to join our certified, woman-owned, NAMWOLF member law firm. Big Law firm refugees are welcome. The Axelrod Firm President Sheryl Axelrod and Partner, Lisa Savitt, both came from Blank Rome, one of the 100 largest law firms in the country.
Tired of your firm just talking the talk but not walking the walk when it comes to treating everyone as equals?
During the pandemic, did you see that you can work from anywhere?
We are looking for an outstanding attorney who is looking to grow with us. Candidates must have 6-15 years of experience in a law firm setting handling Commercial Litigation in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and/or the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Candidates who also have Products Liability experience and who have also practiced in New Jersey state and federal courts are preferred.
Applicants should feel comfortable litigating cases. This includes: creating a case strategy; drafting responsive pleadings; preparing and responding to discovery; preparing motions; appearing in court; preparing regular status reports and maintaining regular client communications; taking and defending depositions; preparing for and attending hearings; first chairing trials; and maintaining an eye on the calendar to manage their cases in a timely and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have excellent legal writing skills, in-depth knowledge of The Blue Book and proper legal citations, and an entrepreneurial spirit, and will appropriately review and follow the Rules of Civil Procedure. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will be organized, work with a sense of urgency, be a team player, and have a real sense of ownership over their work.
We are based in Philadelphia, and are open to having offices in other cities, too.
- Admitted to PA and NJ (or to PA only);
- Strong legal writing and research skills;
- Able to work with urgency and in a timely manner; and
- 6-15 years of experience in a law firm setting handling Commercial Litigation in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and/or the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
We are looking for someone client focused, likeable / personable, with strong communication skills (in writing and orally), integrity, reliability, discipline, and with a team player, can do attitude.
- Dependent upon experience.
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
While the work is otherwise remote, appearances in-person in court and otherwise (such as at depositions or client meetings) will be required.
- Interesting and exciting work on complex matters;
- With an enviable client base of major corporations and governmental entities;
- With a team of highly experienced lawyers with strong reputations – check us out at www.theaxelrodfirm.com;
- Supported by experienced paralegal professionals;
- Who collaboratively work together;
- In a collegial, upbeat, and diverse and inclusive working environment;
- Remotely, except as needed to cover depositions, court hearings, and other in-person events;
- Who are encouraged to engage in community and/or diversity-enhancing work;
- Value diversity, equity, inclusion, and community service; and
- Delight in sharing your litigation wins and community and/or diversity-enhancing work, on social media and our website.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume addressed to Sheryl L. Axelrod – see: https://theaxelrodfirm.
The Axelrod Firm is a member of NAMWOLF, which entitles the attorney who joins us to attend NAMWOLF meetings where in-house counsel from Fortune 500 companies and major governmental entities come to build relationships with NAMWOLF member law firms. Among external counsel, only NAMWOLF member law firms may attend NAMWOLF meetings.
We are award-winning diversity champions. Our partners have been recognized with numerous awards including the NAMWOLF Yolanda Coly Advocacy Award, the Temple Law Alumni Association Women’s Champion Award, and the American Bar Association Mayre Rasmussen Award for the Advancement of Women in International Law. Our law firm was even awarded the Diversity Law Institute Diversity Award for our diversity work.
While we are based in Philadelphia, we opened an office in DC to accommodate Firm Partner Lisa Savitt and would be happy to launch other locations, or the lawyer could work from home.
#Excellence #Camaraderie #NAMWOLF #TheAxelrodFirm